Get Specialty Medications at Home through TRICARE Pharmacy Home Delivery
Some health conditions are treated using specialty medications. These are usually high cost, self-administered, injectable or oral medications that treat serious, chronic conditions like cancer, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis and hepatitis C. Beneficiaries can have these prescription drugs mailed directly to their homes and receive additional care through TRICARE's free Specialty Medication Care Management Program.
The Specialty Medication Care Management Program complements your doctor’s care and offers:
- Talk to nurses and pharmacists who understand your condition and can help you learn more
- Refill reminder calls each month.
- Access to a pharmacist 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to discuss potential drug interactions or side effects, as well as answer any questions you may have about your prescription.
- Nurses who can discuss your progress and help you receive the greatest benefit from your medication.
- Guidance on how to take specialty medications correctly.
- Support in managing your medication therapy.
- Personal care through Patient Care Advocates.
- Access to educational materials to help you manage your condition.
To find out if you’re eligible and to get started, call the Member Choice Center at 888.455.4342. A Patient Care Advocate can contact your doctor to fill your prescription through TRICARE Pharmacy Home Delivery. You may also mail your prescription or have your doctor fax it to 877.895.1900. Once your prescription is received, TRICARE Pharmacy Home Delivery will contact you to arrange for delivery of your medication at a convenient time for you.
Please check the TRICARE Formulary Search Tool to see if your prescription drug can be sent through TRICARE Pharmacy Home Delivery.