TRICARE Pharmacy Copayments Changing January 1, 2020
What is changing?
Starting January 1, 2020, TRICARE pharmacy copayments will change for all beneficiaries, except Active Duty Service Members (ADSMs), dependent survivors of ADSMs, and medically retired service members and their dependents.
The National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) for fiscal year (FY) 2018 established changes to TRICARE prescription copayments every two years for the calendar years 2018 through 2027. These changes are for retail and home delivery only. There is still a $0 copayment for all formulary drugs at military pharmacies.
Starting January 1, 2020 your copayments will be:
|Generic - 30 Day Supply||$11.00||$13.00|
|Brand Name - 30 Day Supply||$28.00||$33.00|
|Non-Formulary - 30 Day Supply||$53.00||$60.00|
|Generic - 90 Day Supply||$7.00||$10.00|
|Brand Name - 90 Day Supply||$24.00||$29.00|
|Non-Formulary - 90 Day Supply||$53.00||$60.00|
Retail Network Pharmacy Copayment Changes (up to 30-day supply)
- Generic formulary drugs will increase from $11 to $13.
- Brand-name formulary drugs will increase from $28 to $33.
- *Non-formulary drugs will increase from $53 to $60. (NOTE: Non-formulary drugs are generally only available through home delivery.)
TRICARE Home Delivery Pharmacy Program Copayment Changes (up to 90-day supply)
- Generic formulary drugs will increase from $7 to $10.
- Brand-name formulary drugs will increase from $24 to $29.
- Non-formulary drugs will increase from $53 to $60.
To find pricing and coverage for specific medication, use the TRICARE Formulary Search Tool.
Who should you contact if you have questions?
We are here to help. If you have any questions about copayment changes, or you need help, please call us toll-free at 877.363.1303.