Your TRICARE pharmacy network options are changing
On December 15, 2021, a group of retail pharmacies will no longer be in the TRICARE network, including Walmart and Sam’s Club. If you are directly impacted, Express Scripts will notify you via letter or an email if you have an email on file with us. It is important that you move your prescription to an in-network pharmacy.
Choose a new pharmacy that works best for you.
TRICARE covers your prescriptions’ at home delivery through Express Scripts® Pharmacy and at in-network retail pharmacies. You can also go to a military hospital or clinic. Visit tricare.mil/mtf to find one near you.
Home delivery through Express Scripts® Pharmacy.
For medications you take on a regular basis, home delivery is a convenient option. Here is how to move your prescription:
- Call your doctor’s office. Ask them to send your prescription electronically to Express Scripts Home Delivery for up to a 90-day supply of your medication.
- Log in or register to find copayment information and move eligible prescriptions. You can also use the Express Scripts Mobile App®.
- Call 877.363.1303 and select option 3. We will take care of everything for you.
Move your prescription to an in-network retail pharmacy.
There are two easy ways to move your prescription:
- Call your doctor’s office. Ask them to send your prescription electronically to your new in-network retail pharmacy.
- If your prescription still has a refill available, call your new in-network retail pharmacy and ask them to transfer your prescription.
Move your specialty medications to an in-network pharmacy.
If you fill a specialty medication through the retail pharmacies leaving the TRICARE network, you will need to transfer your medications to an in-network pharmacy before December 15, 2021. There are several pharmacy choices to fill your specialty medications.
NEW TO TRICARE: Accredo Pharmacy.
Accredo is a specialty pharmacy that is now included in your network. For more information about using Accredo to fill your specialty medication, call 1.877.882.3324.
Your retail network pharmacy options include Kroger, Rite Aid, and Walgreens. Express Scripts® Pharmacy is also available to fill select specialty medications through home delivery.
We are here when you need us. Call 24/7/365 at 1.877.363.1303 and we will help answer any questions.
 Beneficiaries can file a claim for a partial reimbursement of the cost of their medication when filling at a non-network pharmacy.