- Pay attention to any warnings on the prescription label and find out if the OTC drug is safe to take with your other medications or with the condition(s) you have.
- When in doubt, ask a pharmacist or doctor about the drug’s safety and possible side effects, or about the OTC that will be best for you.
- Do not take more than the dose advised on the label.
- Never take an OTC medication longer than the maximum time written on the label. Stop taking it if your symptoms get worse.
- Keep all medication, including OTC medication, out of the reach of children and pets.
General safety tips for using over-the-counter medicines.
If you can’t find the answer to your question, please contact us.