I have other health insurance (OHI), I couldn’t use my uniformed services ID card to buy a prescription at a local network pharmacy, or I had to get medication at a pharmacy that’s not in my network. How do I get reimbursed?

To get reimbursed, you must submit a paper claim. It must be postmarked within one year from the date you filled the medication.

You must submit these forms with your claim:

  • Explanation of Benefits (EOB) form from your OHI provider
  • Prescription receipts
  • TRICARE DoD/CHAMPUS Claim Form – Patient’s Request for Medical Payment (DD Form 2462)

To find the claim form:

  1. Go to TRICARE forms.
  2. Download the TRICARE Claim Form (DD Form 2462).
  3. Mail your completed form to the Express Scripts address on the website.

If you can’t find the answer to your question, please contact us.