Getting Your Medication
You can stop automatic refills at any time.
- Log in to your account and go to Prescriptions .
- Choose Automatic Refills.
- Choose the Stop Automatic Refills tab beside the medications you want to remove from auto refills.
Call Express Scripts at (877)363-1303 for help stopping auto refills.
To order a refill, log in to your account and go to Refill Prescriptions under Prescriptions in the main menu. Choose your available medication and place your order.
You can also order refills through the Express Scripts® mobile app.
Our refill policies allow you to refill your medication when 25% of your current prescription is remaining. This helps to make sure your new supply is delivered before you run out of medication.
Our goal is to have your medications delivered to you 4 days after we receive your prescription. If this is our first time filling that prescription for you, it might take a bit longer.
Tips for quick refills and delivery:
- To avoid running out of your medication, have about a 14-day supply left when you order a refill.
- Ask your doctor to send us your prescription electronically, when possible.
- Order refills and renewals through our website or mobile app.
Notes about shipping:
- Orders that contain certain controlled substances are shipped via United Parcel Service (UPS). An adult must sign for the UPS delivery.
- Medications that require temperature control are sent with expedited shipping at no extra cost to you. Temperature-controlled medications are not available for APO/FPO/DPO addresses.
- Expedited shipping affects only the shipping time. It doesn’t decrease the time it takes us to process your order.
To find details on a delivery medication, log in to your account. Then, go to Prescriptions and select Order History. The Recent Order Status page shows:
- Invoice number
- Confirmation number
- Shipping details: the date you placed an order, the date it shipped, the method, and address
- Medication name and Rx number
- How much your plan paid
- How much you paid
If a state of emergency has been declared where you live, we will help you get the medication you need.
If you need an emergency medication, we work with your health plan, employer, or plan sponsor to get it to you quickly. We might allow a refill before your next refill date, replace a lost or damaged medication, or give you access to another pharmacy network where you can temporarily use your benefits.
Download our mobile app for easy access to help information at the time of the emergency. You can also use our website or mobile app to find a nearby network pharmacy.
To start automatic refills:
- Log in to your account. Then, go to the Prescriptions menu and choose Automatic Refills.
- Select the Manage Prescriptions tab. Find the medication you want to enroll.
- Choose Start Automatic Refills.
Or, call us at (877)363-1303 to speak with a Patient Care Advocate.
Express Scripts often pauses shipments into areas where natural disasters make delivery difficult or impossible. But, you can still get your medication delivered to where you are.
- Check your order status. If you can, update your order’s shipping address to your temporary location.
- If you can’t update your shipping address or don’t know where you’ll be, go to the Express Scripts website and look for a message about managing your medication during the disaster.
- If you can’t make the changes or get the help you need through our app or on this website, call (877)363-1303.
Prepare for a natural disaster:
- Update your email address and your mobile phone number. If we need to contact you with urgent information about your medication, we’ll try to reach you by phone.
- Refill any medications in low supply, if your plan allows it.
- Make a list of all the medications you take and keep the list with you.
- Download the Express Scripts® mobile app for alerts about the natural disaster. If you have to leave your local area, you can use our website or mobile app to print your medication history or to find a nearby pharmacy.
Express Scripts will ask you to approve each refill before we ship it. This will help make sure you only get the refills you need.
How to approve your refill for your medication:
- Express Scripts will let you know when you have an automatic refill coming up. We will contact you through your preferred communication method: phone, email, or text.
- You’ll log in to your account online or through the Express Scripts mobile app® to confirm if you want your next refill. You can also choose to opt out of receiving your next refill. if you choose to opt out of receiving your next refill, your medication will no longer be in the auto refill program. You can opt back into the program at any time. Reminders for your refill will continue until your prescription expires.
- When your medication is ready, Express Scripts will send it to you. Use the free Express Scripts mobile app® to track your order while it’s processed and shipped.
How to Provide Consent for Automatic Refills as a TRICARE Beneficiary Video
Accredo is the primary in-network pharmacy option for TRICARE beneficiaries filling specialty medications. With Accredo, you will have 24/7 access to personalized care and support from specialty-trained pharmacists and nurses. To move your prescriptions to Accredo, call 1.877.882.3324 and an Accredo patient care advocate will work with you and your doctor. Visit accredo.com/dodspecialty for more information.
You may also choose to fill your specialty medications at home delivery through Express Scripts® Pharmacy, military pharmacies and in-network retail pharmacies. Be sure to contact your pharmacy of choice to ensure they carry your medication. Visit the TRICARE formulary search tool to see where your specialty medications are covered.
We ship your medication in a tamper-proof, weather-resistant package. If your medication is sensitive to extreme hot or cold weather, we ship it in a temperature-controlled package.
Standard shipping is part of your plan's benefit at no extra cost to you. You can get next-day or two-day shipping for an extra fee.
We ship most medication through the U.S. Postal Service. We use United Parcel Service (UPS) to ship certain controlled substances.
We ship to:
- All 50 states
- PO boxes
- APO/FPO/DPO addresses*
- U.S. territories
*We can’t ship refrigerated medications to APO/FPO/DPO addresses
We do not ship orders to private foreign addresses.
For medications you take on a regular basis, home delivery is a convenient option. Here are three simple ways you can move your eligible prescriptions:
- Log in or register to find and move eligible prescriptions. You can also use the Express Scripts Mobile App®. Once you have requested a transfer, we will contact your doctor to send up to a 90-day supply of your medication to Express Scripts.
- Call your doctor’s office. Ask them to send your prescription electronically to Express Scripts for up to a 90-day supply of your medication.
- Call 877.363.1303 and select option 3. We will help take care of everything for you.
Log in to your account, and go to Refill Prescriptions under Prescriptions. If you don’t see the prescription you’re looking for, you can search for it by going to Find a prescription not listed below.
If we ship your order in more than one package, we’ll tell you why on each invoice. Here are two reasons your order might come in more than one package:
- Your order might be coming from separate pharmacies. If one medication requires special handling (for example, temperature control), we might ship it from a different pharmacy. And, not all of our pharmacies dispense controlled substances or compound medications.
- If your order includes a prescription that has not yet reached its refill date, we’ll send the rest of your order without it. We’ll ship that prescription when it’s eligible for refill.
Log in and use the find a pharmacy tool to find a new local, in-network retail pharmacy in your area. There are two easy ways to move your prescription:
- Call your doctor’s office. Ask them to send your prescription electronically to your new in-network retail pharmacy.
- If your prescription still has a refill available, call your new in-network retail pharmacy and ask them to transfer your prescription.
After you log in, go to Benefits and select Print Forms.
Or, call us toll-free at 1-877-363-1303. Choose to leave your name and address, and we’ll mail an order form to you.
Yes. You can get your medication one of three ways: through Express Scripts Home Delivery, at a Military Treatment Facility (MTF), or at a local retail network pharmacy. If you get a long-term medication through delivery, you can still pick up short-term prescription medications at an MTF or a retail network pharmacy.
Not all MTFs provide pharmacy services. Check with your local MTF before you go to pick up your medication.
A limited distribution drug is created when a pharmaceutical manufacturer decides to limit the number of specialty pharmacies that have access to a particular specialty medication.
Accredo is a leader in limited distribution drug access but does not have access to all limited distribution drugs, so you must use another pharmacy to access the drug. You can check to see if you are taking a LDD by visiting the Formulary Search Tool.
Your prescription should include your name and the other standard information provided by the doctor.
To help us fill your prescription safely and quickly, please add these details to the back of your prescription:
- Beneficiary's full name, including Sr. or Jr. if applicable
- Beneficiary's address
- Beneficiary's date of birth
- Beneficiary's uniformed services ID number
Yes. Your Express Scripts pharmacist is available 24 hours a day and can answer questions about your medication.
We also have licensed pharmacists with specialized knowledge about certain conditions. You can talk with a specialized pharmacist about:
- Heart disease
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Migraine headaches
- Women's health conditions
Yes, your prescription will change a little bit. Your written prescription must show that your medication will be delivered, and that you will receive up to a 90-day supply with each refill.
We deliver certain maintenance medications. To see if you can choose delivery for your medication, log in to your account and go to Prescriptions, then select Pharmacy Options. You’ll see any prescription medications you can have delivered, along with price comparisons for local network pharmacies and home delivery.
Yes. If your plan covers delivery, you can get certain maintenance medications through the TRICARE® Home Delivery Pharmacy Program. To set up delivery:
- Go to the Prescription menu and choose Pharmacy Options.
- Find the name of the medication you want to switch to delivery.
- Select the checkbox for a 3-month supply. If your plan offers an Extended Payment Program (EPP) to spread out your payments, you can choose this option.
- Select Continue and complete your order. We'll ask your doctor to update your prescription for you.
To get your maintenance medication delivered, you’ll need to:
- Log in and go to the Prescriptions menu and select Pharmacy Options. You’ll see any maintenance medications you can get delivered.
- Compare the prices shown and choose the medication you want delivered.
- Follow the instructions to check out.
If you don't see your medication listed on the Pharmacy Options screen:
- Log in and go to the Prescriptions menu and select Refill Prescriptions.
- Select the link Find a prescription not listed below. Then you can:
- Browse your prescription history to find the name of your medication.
- Search for your medication by its prescription number (also called its Rx number)
If you need a new prescription, ask your doctor to send it to us:
- By e-prescribe: Ask your doctor to send us your prescription electronically.
- By phone: Call Express Scripts toll-free at (877)882-3335
- By fax: Send the order form and your written prescription
- Toll-free within the U.S. at (877)895-1900
- Outside the U.S. at: (602)586-3911 (U.S.-licensed prescribers only)
If you already have a written prescription, log in to your account. Then go to Benefits and select Print Forms. Select the link Print a mail order form to find the Home Delivery Order Form. You can ask your doctor to submit this form to us, or you can print and complete the form, then mail the form and your prescription to the address listed on the form. Make sure your prescription is written for up to a 90-day supply and it shows that you want delivery.
If you can’t find the answer to your question, please contact us.