Are you deploying soon? Enroll in the Deployment Prescription Program
The Deployment Prescription Program (DPP) is a fast and secure way to get your medication before, during, or after deployment. You can fill prescriptions and get refills through TRICARE Pharmacy Home Delivery, managed by Express Scripts when you’re deployed.
You can fill your prescription(s) through the DPP if you are a Deployed Service Member, a TRICARE-eligible deployed contractor, or a TRICARE-eligible civil service employee. Learn if you are eligible.
Before you deploy, complete these three simple steps to access your medication.
1. Ask your doctor for two copies* of your prescriptions for up to a 180-day supply**.
- One prescription will be filled at your pre-deployment military pharmacy, so you have your medication available when you deploy.
- Ask your doctor to send the second prescription to TRICARE Pharmacy Home Delivery, managed by Express Scripts, so your refills can be mailed to wherever you’re deployed***.
- If you’re deploying to an area where malaria is a concern, talk to your provider about obtaining malaria medication from the pre-deployment pharmacy.
2. Create or log in to your Express Scripts account online. As soon as it’s known, update your mailing address to your deployment APO/FPO/DPO address.
- Your medication will be delivered to the address on file.
- Remember to use the email account you plan to access while deployed.
3. Download the free Express Scripts® mobile app to access your account and manage your medication anytime. You can track when your order is received, processed, and shipped. The app can also be used to edit address details when relocating, experiencing permanent change of station (PCS), or retiring.
Medication refills and shipping process
Express Scripts will email to remind you to order your medication refill online. Each refill request must be ordered using the Express Scripts website or mobile app. Currently, there’s no automatic refill option for deployed members. The average shipping time of medication to an APO/FPO/DPO address while deployed is approximately 3 to 4 weeks.
*The prescription copies can be through mail, fax, call, or eRX.
**Control medications may not be available up to a 180-day supply. If you are a deployed contractor or civilian service employee eligible for TRICARE, your medications may be limited to a 90-day supply, and a copayment will apply. Learn more about drug limitations and restrictions here.
***Refrigerated medications cannot be shipped through the DPP. Medications cannot be shipped to Germany due to local customs laws.