How do I know if my medication is covered by TRICARE
The Formulary Search Tool (FST) is a digital tool you can use to see your medication coverage, find out where you can fill your prescriptions at each point of service and determine any relevant cost-shares.
When you search for a medication using the FST you will see:
- Whether your medication is included in the TRICARE formulary[i]
- Information about the medication – alternate names, medication images, FAQs
- If your medication can be filled at each point of service - a military pharmacy, home delivery or retail network pharmacies
- The cost-share of your medication at each point of service - a military pharmacy, home delivery or retail network pharmacies
- Any forms needed to process your prescription including prior authorization and medical necessity forms
- Other drug options and their cost-share at home delivery and retail network pharmacies
To use the FST, you will need to know the name of your medication, the strength, and your age and sex. You will need to enter those details in their specific boxes to complete your FST search.
[i] The TRICARE Formulary is a list of brand-name and generic drugs available through the TRICARE pharmacy benefit. Some drugs are covered but not preferred, and are categorized as Non-Formulary. These drugs have a higher cost-share and generally are only available via home delivery.