Protect yourself from identity theft and fraud
If you have been contacted by an Express Scripts outbound caller: 844.310.7528, this is a valid phone number relaying important information about your account.
It’s always important to protect your personal information from identity theft and fraud. When taking prescription medications it’s just as important to fight against medical identity theft and fraud by taking the following steps to keep yourself protected:
- Protect your personal information: Express Scripts may need to reach out to you by either call or email to clarify your prescription information for order processing or alert you about an unpaid balance. If you are unsure who the caller is, you can ask to end the call and contact the patient customer service line: 877.363.1303 and press 1 to speak with a representative who can assist on open request for your account.
- Toss with caution: When throwing away prescription bottles or vials, remove the labels or black out your personal information so it is unreadable. When throwing away documents with protected health information on it, shred the documents instead of discarding them in the garbage.
- Lock up your bottles: Keep your prescription bottles hidden or locked away, especially when you have visitors in your home who may have access to your personal belongings.
- Read your EOB statements: It is important to carefully read any explanation of benefits (EOB) statements you receive after treatment to make sure the services listed are correct. Review the name of the provider, the date of service and the service provided. Electronic EOBs also provide greater security by reducing the risks of mail fraud and identity theft. Since your online account is password protected, only you can access your information. You can switch to online statements by updating your communication preferences through your online account. If your EOB includes information that does not look familiar, immediately report it to Express Scripts Fraud Tip Hotline: 866.759.6139 or email TRICAREfraudtip@express-scripts.com.
- Report anything out of the ordinary: If you suspect fraud, report it immediately. You can report the suspected fraud or abuse to the appropriate contractor or submit a Fraud Report online to the DHA Program Integrity Office.