What’s electronic prescribe (e-prescribe)?
The fastest way for your doctor to send a prescription to Express Scripts is through e-prescribe. Electronic prescribing allows providers to electronically transmit prescription requests through their preferred Electronic Health Record (EHR).
- Ask your doctor to e-prescribe for a safer and faster prescription process. Electronic prescriptions are sent directly to the pharmacy, eliminating the need to wait in line to drop-off paper prescriptions, a potential trip saver.
- Tell them which pharmacy you want to use. Choose Express Scripts home delivery, a military pharmacy or a network retail pharmacy
- If you pick up your medication at a military or retail pharmacy, let your pharmacist know your doctor sent your order electronically.
- If you choose Express Scripts home delivery, you can ask for a new electronic prescription for a 90-day supply of any of your maintenance medications, PLUS refills for up to a year.
- Create an online account at express-scripts.com/hd or on the Express Scripts® mobile app to track orders, order refills, sign up for auto refills and much more.
Your doctor should be able to e-prescribe most medications although handwritten prescriptions may be required for some medications. For example, some military pharmacies do not accept electronic prescriptions for controlled some substances. Military pharmacies that have transitioned to MHS GENESIS have the capability to e-prescribe controlled substances.
How to e-prescribe to Express Scripts. It’s faster than phone or fax.
- Military providers can easily prescribe to Express Scripts using MHS GENESIS
- Submit new prescriptions or renewals up to 60 days before they expire
- Most prescriptions can be written for a 90-day supply, your patient pays only 1 copayment
- Standard shipping is free, with most medications arriving within 2-4 days
- Learn more about electronic prior authorizations
To e-prescribe to Express Scripts Pharmacy Home Delivery, select:
Express Scripts Home Delivery
4600 North Hanley Road
St. Louis MO 63134
To e-prescribe to a military pharmacy:
All military pharmacies are listed as DoD “Site Name” ePhcy
Example DoD FT Drum ePhcy
Learn more about sending electronic prescriptions to military pharmacies