We're here to help.
Where can I track my order?
You can view the status of your order on Recent Order Status. Please note: It might take a few hours for a new order to appear.
1. Log in and go to Prescriptions, then select Order History.
2. The Recent Order Status screen shows you:
- When you placed your order
- When we shipped your order
- How much you paid
- How much your plan paid
- When we’ll process your next auto refill. If you’ve turned on automatic refills (auto refill), you’ll see the dates when all of your future orders will begin processing.
To find an order that’s older than 120 days:
- Go to the Prescriptions menu and select Order History.
- Scroll to the bottom of Recent Order Status.
- Enter the details about your medication in the Search for order box.
Can I cancel my order?
Yes, you can cancel your order if the order is for a refill and the order status is still “pending.”
To find out if your order is pending:
1. Log in to your account and go to Prescriptions, then select Order History to find your pending prescription order. If your order hasn’t shipped, you can click Cancel prescription.
If you want to re-order a medication that you canceled, you might have to get a new prescription from your doctor.
Where can I find more details (such as refills remaining) for medications I purchased through TRICARE home delivery that I no longer take?
You can view up to 18 months of orders you’ve purchased either through delivery or at a local network pharmacy.
- Log in and go to Prescriptions and select Order History. On the Recent Order Status page you can search for orders placed in the last 120 days.
- Find the name of your medication.
- Select View details under the Rx number.
Can I get a refill without an appointment or does the doctor need to see me again?
If you don’t have any remaining refills for a prescription, contact your doctor. Your doctor might order some tests or ask to see you before renewing your prescription. Some states have rules that require you to visit your doctor or pharmacist before getting refills.
To find out if you have refills left on your prescription check the prescription label for refills remaining. You can also log in, go to Prescriptions and select Order History to see if you have more refills. And the Express Scripts mobile app shows refills remaining.
How do I set up my delivery order online?
To get your maintenance medication delivered, you’ll need to:
- Log in and go to the Prescriptions menu and select Pharmacy Options. You’ll see any maintenance medications you can get delivered.
- Compare the prices shown and choose the medication you want delivered.
- Follow the instructions to check out.
If you don't see your medication listed on the Pharmacy Options screen:
- Log in and go to the Prescriptions menu and select Refill Prescriptions.
- Select the link Find a prescription not listed below. Then you can:
- Browse your prescription history to find the name of your medication.
- Search for your medication by its prescription number (also called its Rx number)
Where can I see if I have prescriptions ready to refill or renew?
Log in to your account, and go to Refill Prescriptions under Prescriptions. If you don’t see the prescription you’re looking for, you can search for it by going to Find a prescription not listed below.
How do I stop automatic refills?
You can stop automatic refills at any time.
- Log in to your account and go to Prescriptions .
- Choose Automatic Refills.
- Choose the Stop Automatic Refills tab beside the medications you want to remove from auto refills.
Call Express Scripts at (877)363-1303 for help stopping auto refills.
How do I get my medication during an emergency, like a tornado, hurricane, fire, or flood?
If a state of emergency has been declared where you live, we will help you get the medication you need.
If you need an emergency medication, we work with your health plan, employer, or plan sponsor to get it to you quickly. We might allow a refill before your next refill date, replace a lost or damaged medication, or give you access to another pharmacy network where you can temporarily use your benefits.
Download our mobile app for easy access to help information at the time of the emergency. You can also use our website or mobile app to find a nearby network pharmacy.
Does my prescription change if I get my medication delivered?
Yes, your prescription will change a little bit. Your written prescription must show that your medication will be delivered, and that you will receive up to a 90-day supply with each refill.
Why did my order arrive in more than one package?
If we ship your order in more than one package, we’ll tell you why on each invoice. Here are two reasons your order might come in more than one package:
- Your order might be coming from separate pharmacies. If one medication requires special handling (for example, temperature control), we might ship it from a different pharmacy. And, not all of our pharmacies dispense controlled substances or compound medications.
- If your order includes a prescription that has not yet reached its refill date, we’ll send the rest of your order without it. We’ll ship that prescription when it’s eligible for refill.
What is a “controlled substance” and why does this limit refills?
This term is used for medications that are restricted by law because they carry a high risk for causing harm. The Controlled Substances Act defines which medications are Controlled Substances, including opioids and certain stimulants. You can find out more about this term at the National Cancer Institute website.
There are a few reasons why there might be limits for refills of these medications:
- There are federal laws that do not allow refills.
- Your state might limit the amount of medication doctors can prescribe. These limits are based either on diagnosis or by the number of days of medication needed.
- Your benefit plan might have certain refill limits for these medications.
- You might need to ask your doctor for a new prescription or for a refill. Check with your doctor. You might have to visit for a check-up before the doctor can prescribe more medication.
How do I enroll a medication in automatic refills?
To start automatic refills:
- Log in to your account. Then, go to the Prescriptions menu and choose Automatic Refills.
- Select the Manage Prescriptions tab. Find the medication you want to enroll.
- Choose Start Automatic Refills.
Or, call us at (877)363-1303 to speak with a Patient Care Advocate.
How will I know when my next auto refill is coming?
Express Scripts will call you or email you before every automatic refill to tell you we’re getting ready to start working on your order. This will allow enough time for you to change the date or to cancel the prescription if you no longer need your medication. And, the free Express Scripts mobile app® lets you track your order while it’s processed and shipped.
How long will it take to get my medication delivered?
Our goal is to have your medications delivered to you 4 days after we receive your prescription. If this is our first time filling that prescription for you, it might take a bit longer.
Tips for quick refills and delivery:
- To avoid running out of your medication, have about a 14-day supply left when you order a refill.
- Ask your doctor to send us your prescription electronically, when possible.
- Order refills and renewals through our website or mobile app.
Notes about shipping:
- Orders that contain certain controlled substances are shipped via United Parcel Service (UPS). An adult must sign for the UPS delivery.
- Medications that require temperature control are sent with expedited shipping at no extra cost to you. Temperature-controlled medications are not available for APO/FPO/DPO addresses.
- Expedited shipping affects only the shipping time. It doesn’t decrease the time it takes us to process your order.
I had to leave my normal delivery location. How can I get my medication delivered to me?
Express Scripts often pauses shipments into areas where natural disasters make delivery difficult or impossible. But, you can still get your medication delivered to where you are.
- Check your order status. If you can, update your order’s shipping address to your temporary location.
- If you can’t update your shipping address or don’t know where you’ll be, go to the Express Scripts website and look for a message about managing your medication during the disaster.
- If you can’t make the changes or get the help you need through our app or on this website, call (877)363-1303.
Prepare for a natural disaster:
- Update your email address and your mobile phone number. If we need to contact you with urgent information about your medication, we’ll try to reach you by phone.
- Refill any medications in low supply, if your plan allows it.
- Make a list of all the medications you take and keep the list with you.
- Download the Express Scripts® mobile app for alerts about the natural disaster. If you have to leave your local area, you can use our website or mobile app to print your medication history or to find a nearby pharmacy.
How will I know when my next automatic refill is coming?
We will call you or email you before every automatic refill to tell you we’re getting ready to process your order. This will allow enough time for you to change the processing date or to cancel the prescription if you no longer need your medication. You can also manage your order in the free Express Scripts® mobile app.
How do I get specialty medication?
The Specialty Medication Care Management Program connects you with nurses, pharmacists and patient care advocates who specialize in your condition. Your maintenance medications are shipped safely to the location of your choice and refill reminders help to ensure you never miss a dose. All your medication and supplies are overseen by nurses and pharmacists who can address any side effects and specialty consultations are available at any point during your therapy.
To find out if you’re eligible, contact us at 877.363.1303. If you’re eligible, a Patient Care Advocate can help transfer your medication to Home Delivery.
How do I order a refill for a medication I get through delivery?
To order a refill, log in to your account and go to Refill Prescriptions under Prescriptions in the main menu. Choose your available medication and place your order.
You can also order refills through the Express Scripts® mobile app.
Our refill policies allow you to refill your medication when 25% of your current prescription is remaining. This helps to make sure your new supply is delivered before you run out of medication.
If you can’t find the answer to your question, please contact us.